Friends, below is a re-cap of our February 16, 2012 BWA meeting. Please feel free to email us at email@example.com for questions about this meeting or other info. You may CLICK HERE to download a PDF of the report.
Attendance: Nancy, Barry, Andy, Jack, Mike, Alec, Charli, Larry & Melinda
Midtown Historic Clean-up: 3rd Sunday of the month @ 2 pm/meet at 13th & Market
BWA Fundraiser: Thursday, March 8th @ 7 pm/Murdock Theater
– Good response from sponsors
– KMUW is media sponsor
– Volunteers need to report by 7 pm [for assignments]
– BWA t-shirts $12 per shirt will be for sale
– Andy will emcee [Barry will assist]
– Jack, Melinda & Nancy: ticket sales
– Larry & Barry ]t-shirt sales]
– Will have raffles for movie tickets & DVD
– Booths for organizations
– Members were encouraged to promote the fundraiser and sell tickets.
Share the Road Signs: Bicycle Pedaler purchased signs with their logo; gave some to give away.
Cecile Kellenbarger Award: Will be announced & nominations sought
Quarterly Potluck & Fundraiser: Organizations can make a pitch for a micro grant
Better Block Event [part of Master Bike Plan]: Friday, February 17th /City Hall [4:30 – 6 pm]
Bicycle Rodeo – Downtown Augusta: Saturday, March 17th [convene around 10 am/assist with events] – contact Larry & Melinda for details
Renewed Membership with ‘PeoplePoweredMovement’ – $100: Donation from Midtown Association
Next Meeting: March 15th /6:30 pm in Old Town/City Arts Bldg/ 2nd floor – Bd. Room
Thanks to everyone for their efforts to promote walking, running and bicycling in Wichita