Looking for a local ride? Our local bike clubs, shops & organizations have you covered! There are rides for everyone, most every day of the week, for all skill levels! Check out these websites for the latest info on bike rides. ICT Cycling Coalition has a calendar with lots of rides listed.
- Bicycle Pedaler – Women of Wednesday ride (East & West rides), call the shop for details!
- Bicycle X-Change – Monday evening rides & more!
- Lee’s Bike Shop – evening family rides, Saturday long distance & trips! Their Saturday ride is attracting all levels of riders.
- Heartland Bike Shop – hosts occasional rides
- KS Singletrack Society – off-road biking & trail condition info!
- Oz Bicycle Club – Saturday morning long distance rides, weekly rides for various skill levels.
- Coasters Bicycle Club – Kustom/Classic Bicycle Scene and Casual Cycling in the Wichita area
- Prairie Travelers – organizes the Walnut Valley Metric in Sept!!!
- Wichita Group Rides – Facebook group with posts about local rides
- West Wichita Bicycle Chicks – Active Facebook group, not just for “Chicks” or on the West side!
- Magdalen Tue/Thur gravel group – get out on back roads in the evenings. Good lights needed!
- Gravel Road Group of Wichita – join in on the the latest riding craze, beautiful back roads.
- Final Friday Bicycle Gang has a great social ride to the galleries every Final Friday
- Kansas Cyclist has a great list of bike events happening all over the state
*Know of other rides/shops/organizations that should be on our list? Let us know!
Favorite Routes around town
Bike Walk Wichita to Prairie Sunset Trailhead. Bike friendly route to the Maize Trailhead. A bit tricky to navigate, this avoids major road as much as possible. Maple Road is bike friendly until near I-235, where the sidepath is the best option. Someday soon we’ll have a rail-trail bridge over the Big Ditch and I-235! Here’s a KMZ and a GPX for various devices.
Redbud Trail to Sante Fe Lake Loop. Great route to unlearn pavement! Starts at Redbud Trail at Woodlawn, which is still gravel. Goes to Butler County, then takes a mix of paved and gravel roads to Sante Fe Lake. Loops around the lake, returns on Tawakoni Road and then back to Redbud. Here’s a KMZ and a GPX for various devices.
Bike Path Route used by MS Society 9/15 – A nice route along E. Wichita’s Bike Paths, with some roads on the longer route.
East Wichita to Belle Plaine – A beautiful ride on either route. This map shows both the classic Greenwich Road route (more open 2 lane road) as well as an Oliver route, which is more in town and quite a bit of side streets. Laura’s in Mulvane (halfway there) is a fine spot for breakfast.
East Wichita to El Dorado Lake – A nice ride up to the lake, including a sweet ride up to Sailboat Cove and a climb up the dam to test your legs. Be sure to go all the way to the shelter overlooking the lake, its a refreshing view after the climb.