Bike Walk Wichita Work Groups
Are you interested in being part of Bike Walk Wichita? Work Groups are vital to fulfilling our mission and goals. Groups are comprised of members and friends who volunteer their time and/or expertise. All levels of involvement are welcome. Here’s a brief description of each work group. Find your place!
- Recycle Bikes – We receive bikes to be fixed and donated to people who need a bike, not as a toy but as a tool for transportation. Volunteers are needed at our regular work days, Saturday afternoon and Thursday evening.
- Communications – Website, social media, email, keeping up with all of this takes a number of people who like to make noise! This is the group that helps keep BWW’s message focused and out there.
- Pedestrian – Walkers sometimes get forgotten in our group, so this work group keeps a focus on pedestrian issues. Help needed!
- Outreach – Does being a Bike Ambassador sound like fun? This work group reaches out to anyone we can to share Bike Walk Wichita’s message of Advocacy, Education and Collaboration. They also make sure everyone knows about upcoming volunteer opportunities. Help needed!
- Education – We organize classes and informational meetups, as well as work to provide bikes to those in need.
- WomenBike – Have you heard? The Bike Walk Wichita ladies are starting a movement to increase the participation of women in biking. We host Ladies’ Night events and are planning more rides, workshops, events and meet-ups. You can find us on Twitter at#womenbikeICT. Help needed!
- Governance – oversees the daily functioning of BWW. Main projects include maintaining 501c3 paperwork, evaluation, monitoring and assisting the Wichita Bicycle & Pedestrian Master Plans implementation, ensure strategic planning annually, and identify funding opportunities and community partners.