1+1 = A Revolution
Inspire 1 more woman to ride,
and we double the tribe!
Bike Walk Wichita is committed to empowering, educating, and assisting local women who are interested in hopping on a bicycle, whether for a quick trip to the store, commuting to work, or for outdoor fun. Our group is interested in spreading the message, hosting events and workshops, and starting a local meet up.
If this sounds interesting to you:
- Engage with Bike Walk Wichita on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and/or Pinterest
- Join our closed, women-only Facebook group for events, rides and discussion WomenBikeICT
- Follow #womenbikeICT on Twitter
- Sign up for Bike Walk Wichita’s bi-monthly e-newsletter that provides the latest news, events, and local stories.
- Get involved! All of our events, educational workshops and activities are 100% planned, led, and evaluated by volunteers. We have an amazing group of women working on upcoming events. Check the Bike Walk Wichita calendar for meeting dates and click here to access our meeting notes!
Saturday Market Rides
Interested in riding with us to the Old Town Farmers’ Market? New to riding in Wichita or just want to do your weekly shopping at the market? Join us!!
Meet up locations and map:
- College Hill (1st & Pinecrest)
- OJ Watson Park (near parking lot & ponies)
- 17th & Topeka
- Sedgwick County Zoo (on the red bridge near I-235)
- Redbud Path & Woodlawn (no ride leader for 8/20, but can use map)
Meet at locations by 8am. Riders will leave at 8:05am, so don’t be late or just pedal a little faster to catch up! You can always use the map to find your way. All levels of experience welcome! These are leisurely, 30 minute rides into downtown using bike lanes & paths. *Ride will be canceled if rain or lightening is occurring between 7:30-9:30am.
We’ll ride to the market for shopping, free yoga & other activities. Meet at the Bike Parking Rack at 8:45am! If you want to ride back with the group (some leave for other shopping), meet at the Bike Parking Rack at 9:45am.
Join our Facebook event for updates & to share with friends!