Bike Walk Wichita volunteers are engaging residents and partners in the Northeast area in biking and walking efforts that will improve conditions and increase the number of people utilizing Wichita’s outdoor spaces and infrastructure. Residents will help identify needs, barriers, and opportunities to improve access for all. Numerous community partners and local businesses are involved and collaborating on a variety of projects, including many on-going efforts in Northeast Wichita.
Projects already identified:
- Give away bikes (helmets, light, lock) to kids & promote ReCycle program
- Host coffee time with seniors to gather input on why they do/don’t walk or ride in their neighborhood. Find out how they move around their city.
- Partner with health clinics to implement biking/walking interventions
- Host walks and rides to promote current infrastructure
- Host fun, educational events on a variety of topics & interests
- Partner with a local artist to create a “place-making” project and design materials
If you share a passion or mission for improving health, empowering residents, increasing equity and social justice…or just like to ride or walk, join us! Three teams are being developed: Community, Schools, & Clinical. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos from the NE ICT neighborhoods:
Let’s Move! Opportunities to bike or walk:
- Indoor Cycle (adult spin class), Sept 19 – Oct 17, Tuesdays 5:45-6:30PM, cost $14/person.
- Sol Cycle (more advanced than the cycling class), Nov 2 – Dec 7, Thursdays 6-6:45PM, cost $14/person.